The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, January 19, 2007

Random Bullets of Crap-ola: Friday Edition

Posted by Seeking Solace |

  • Following Philosophy Factory's advice, I started looking on-line teaching positions. I like the idea of sitting at home in my PJ's while teaching! If anyone out there knows of any job sites, let me know.
  • I am a godmother. GML and her husband are the proud parents of a nine week old male Golden Retriever! He is just the cutest puppy! (Notice I had to add "puppy" in case the Boy has suddenly learned to read!)
  • I just finished "The Secret Life of Bees". What a great book. I am not a huge fan of sequels, but it would be nice to see what happens to Lilly.
  • I am starting "Cross" today. I am a huge James Patterson fan, especially the Alex Cross series. I understand the this one is supposed to be very good. I hope so. The last couple have been lackluster, although I did enjoy "Mary, Mary".
  • Snow has returned to Lake Effect Snow Central. That also means that the Boy's alter ego "Snow Dog" has returned. He is having a blast outside! I have to figure out how to transfer photos from my cell phone to my computer, because he is just too funny! Ah...a project to help combat boredom!!!

6 comments:

Weezy said...

I loved that book. It is also the inspiration for me using blogs in my classes this semester. Check out this site. http://weblogs.hcrhs.k12.nj.us/bees/ I think it is cool that the author actually answered the kids!

Prisca said...

I was just thinking about you and the online teaching thing today! How funny. I'd be really interested to see what kind of stuff that search turns up. :) Keep us posted.

Sorry about the snow. I think. I'm kind of missing it. We never get any!

Alice said...

By the way, his daughter, Sarah, has one novel, too. It's one of my favorite: "That Distant Summer."

Anonymous said...

I feel like an idiot for not suggesting online! That could open lots of doors in different directions with your background crossing disciplines. Good luck!

Michelle

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

When I was looking for on-line work I started by looking at the websites for on-line colleges. Eventually I found a link to the employment section...

Good luck, I'd love to know what you find!

RageyOne said...

I really enjoyed The Secret Life of Bees also. Ohhhhhhh and you are in for a good read with Cross! Patterson really came back with the Alex Cross we all know and love in this one. It is very intense and a page turner.

On the job hunt, I would look at the employment section of online schools.

Subscribe