The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Thoughts

Posted by Seeking Solace |

  • If we are celebrating work, why do most of us have the day off from work?
  • The Crocodile Hunter died. Very sad, but not unexpected.
  • This is my last week off before classes. Next Monday is faculty in-service. Boring meetings about crap that no one cares about.
  • Husband thinks that offers will be made this week to the engineers. Basically, if you don't hear anything, chances are you will not have a job.
  • Purchased a new front door yesterday. Should be installed in about a week or so.
  • Also took my wedding ring set for repair. Because of the RA, my rings were WAY to tight on my finger. The rings were cutting into my ring finger. Plus, three small diamonds are missing from the band. Should take about two weeks to fix.
  • No plans for today. Ernesto really ruined the long weekend here. My back yard is like a sponge.
  • I should take the Boy for a walk. He has not been on his leash since Friday. With all the rain on Saturday, the Boy would not go outside, not even to go to the bathroom. I think he held it for 15 hours. He must have a reserve tank!

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Best of luck to you and hubby with your job situations. Weren't you applying for positions out of your area, anyway, though? These things can sometimes fall into place beautifully, although making the transition can sometimes be a little hairy.:) Still, hoping for the very best for both of you.

Subscribe