The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday Thoughts While Under the Influence

Posted by Seeking Solace |

  • What a relief to know that Husband got a job offer from New Company. Although, I think secretly he was hoping that he would get laid off so he could have a mini vacation!
  • My sinuses are driving me crazy. Usually, I use herbal treatments but I am caving. GIVE ME DRUGS....NOW!!!!!!
  • My vacation is almost over. Faculty in-service in Monday. Classes begin Tuesday. I have 3/4 courses ready. I am holding off on Critical Thinking because the dude in charge of Gen Ed will no doubt have changes.
  • I forgot to mention that the new front door was successfully installed. It looks really nice. Now, I have to buy a mailbox. The old door had a mail slot, so the mail would go directly into the house. The new door will not allow a mail slot because of the oval glass window. So in the meantime, I have to watch out for the mail carrier.
  • My boys in Black and Gold kicked some butt last night. I am so psyched for football season!!! Yes, I am a die hard football fan. When your father was a coach and your brother played college ball, you learn a few things. Husband says I know football better than most guys.
  • I need new dressy boots. Mine are so done. Why are boots so damn expensive?
  • I think I might order these. I always wanted red shoes.

Drugs starting to kick in...Sleepy time.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thrilled for you and hubby, major congratulations! And it's wonderful that the two of you have all the things under control that the new job won't provide. Both of you get kudos for that. Way to go.

And I hope you feel better real soon. It must be pretty awful if you're reverting to non-herbal remedies. Fortunately, these things can sometimes not linger on too long. Wishing for you that this is the case now.

RussianViolets said...

Love the shoes, and I hope you feel better. And I'm SOOO glad that hubby got the job! :-)

BrightStar (B*) said...

congratulations to your spouse!

Subscribe