The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Concert Thoughts

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Wow, I am still tried from last night's concert. Sheryl Crow was awesome. She really looked like she was having a great time on stage. Plus, she looks awesome, even after going through breast cancer surgery. I hope I look that good when I am 44.

John Meyer was really good too. I was amazed at how great of a guitarist he is. I was only familiar with his music that was popular or released on radio. What is sad is that most of his fans are young girls who really don't have an appreciation for his musical talent.

As usual, I do a great amount of people watching at events like this and I have a few thoughts and comments about the people around me.

  • To the girl sitting next to me with legs the width of pipe cleaners. My God, I pray you do not suffer from anorexia. I have been down that road and I know what that is like. But the fact that you ate one nacho and threw the rest out makes me wonder. I hope you trashed them under the seat in front of you because there was a hair in them or something.
  • To the girl standing next to Husband doing the "Carlton Dance" while John Meyer performed. Just stop it.
  • To the two girls in front of Husband and I: This is not aerobics class or a cheer leading competition. Your bopping up and down makes it hard to see. Plus, we can see your but crack! No one came here to see that!
  • To the 50-something woman in front of me: You have proven that Weebles wobble but they don't fall down. Now stop.
  • To the two gay dudes complaining that there were no cute guys to hook up with. What did you expect? 3/4 of the people here are female!
  • To the woman with the fanny pack. Fanny packs are just wrong. Either put stuff in your pockets or really consider if you really need to carry all that junk.

OK, need more coffee...

3 comments:

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Fanny packs ARE totally wrong.

betty said...

ha ha - this post was funny. i like the snark! and i once saw john mayer on some acoustic music special on t.v. and you're right, his actualy music is much better than what gets marketed. he's sort of one of my 'secret shame bands' that i like to listen to - along with the goo goo dolls and jewel. most people that listen to the type of music i normally listen to would never listen to this stuff, but i can't help myself.

Anonymous said...

Hey SS: Don't miss the secret link to a picture of my daughter... it will be up today only!

Subscribe