The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Wednesday Bullets

Posted by Seeking Solace |

  • Let me join the chorus and just say "IT'S TOO FUCKING HOT!!!!"
  • In my neck of the woods, it has never reached 100 degrees. In fact, they cancelled activities around here because of the heat. Usually, things are cancelled because of snow!
  • Husband took the Boy for a walk at 10:30 PM last night. It was 80 degrees. The Boy was so hot and tired that he just flopped over on the kitchen floor. I had to bring his water bowl to him. Don't worry friends, he is fine. The poor guy is still shedding, despite my brushing efforts.
  • All of my Survey of Law students submitted a research paper. I am just afraid of what is IN the research papers. I can't bring myself to grade them just yet. Maybe I need some liquid courage!
  • Tomorrow is the last day of classes. All my students are doing a brief oral presentation of their research papers. They cannot stand up and read their paper; they actually have to discuss it with the class. I do this to see how well they KNOW the topic. It's a great way to weed out the plagiarists
  • Can you believe that MTV is 25 years old!?!? Too bad they don't SHOW any videos anymore, unless you go to M2!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Isn't it kinda weird that people cancel activities when they get weather which other places consider normal?

I remember being in class in New Orleans one day when there were snow flurries. The teacher got really irritated that he couldn't keep the class's attention because we all kept staring out the window. Of course, he was from Buffalo. I can only imagine what he thought when they cancelled classes later in the day.

Over here, we've been having triple degree days for several weeks - as we do every summer. People don't really start grumbling until it starts hitting over about 106 or 108. The complaints get going at anything 110 or over. The really serious bitching, though, starts if we reach the 117 to 120 range.

Of course, we're ready for it. Everyone here has A.C. in their homes. That does make a crucial difference. But who has snow tires in New Orleans?

Abbey said...

I can't believe I'm older than MTV.

Subscribe