The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, August 21, 2006

Get It Together

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I just realized that this is my 300th post. Wow. I am not sure if I should have something profound to say. Maybe I will just save it for my blog birthday which will be coming up soon.

I think I need to get back in gear and start doing some real work. I have been bad when it comes to doing the things that I should do. It's like I have an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other. So far, the devil is winning.

When I get like this, I have to play mind games with myself. I tell myself "You are going to work on X project for 45 minutes. Then you can take a break and do something fun." That sometimes helps me get in gear. It's just getting started that is the hardest part.

So, off I go...

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

"...getting started that is the hardest part." I know this well. I call it the Procrastinator's Lament. I have to trick myself by choosing just some small task that isn't, by itself, too daunting. Once I'm started, I tend to continue for a while. But I still have to fight the urge later, upon completing a task, to take a break. Because, once I do that, I have to "start" all over again...and that could take days.:)

Subscribe