The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Here We Go Again

Posted by Seeking Solace |

So my ding dong student is on the warpath again. She sent me an email which read:

Dear Professor SS,
I can't find any information about how my case got to the Supreme Court. All the info I found says the same thing. Help

Signed,
Ding Dong Student

Dear Ding Dong:

Please go to this website. If this cannot help you, I don't know what else to tell you.

Signed,
Professor SS

The link I gave her was a Wickapedia link which spelled out in detail and in plain English how the case started at the trial level, moved to the Appeals Court and then to the Supreme Court. I mean it read something like “At the trial level X happened, then the defendant appealed the case to the Appellate Court. The defendant lost at the Appellate level and filed with the Supreme Court for review.

I thought I had solved the problem, but...

Dear Professor SS:

Thank you for the link. But I still don't understand anything.

Signed,
Ding Dong.

Some students are just dimly light candles on the verge of going out.

8 comments:

Pink Cupcake said...

Please tell me that Ding Dong doesn't have aspirations of becoming a lawyer??!!

Seeking Solace said...

No, an Accountant!

Pink Cupcake said...

That's not much better!!!

Anonymous said...

Some students have already had the candle go out, and they are just smoldering.

Anonymous said...

Will be keeping my hopes up re: the resumes you have out. That sounds truly awful.

Alice said...

Yikes, beware of your money! :)

Seeking Solace said...

Hey Alice, Welcome Back!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor SS! You do need a change of venue, don't you. It may not be any better at the next spot, but I think the change would certainly improve morale for a while.

Subscribe