The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday, Tired Monday

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Once again, thanks to Bright Star for setting up the IM party. It was a blast. It was great that Claire could stay up for this one! For some reason, my system shut down and I could not continue. Did I miss anything good??

I am covering for another professor today. So I get paid to sit on my ass and watch the students work on their projects. Sweet. It's a good thing too because I am so not awake yet. I think I need to run out for a skinny mocha latte. Gotta get the skinny, otherwise I will regret it later.

Yesterday, Husband and I went to the track at the local high school to work out. The last time I used a track was 20 years ago when I was in high school and a member of the track team. I forgot how different the surface feels; the surface has a nice cushioning. I was able to keep my 2 miles in 35 minutes on pace. Not too shabby.

Speaking of working out, here is a new playlist. It is an ode to FM classic rock. It is about 50 minutes long. For some of you, this will bring back some memories. It did for me!

Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple
Gimme Shelter by the Rolling Stones
Long Live Rock by the Who
Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult (Needs more cowbell!)
Running on Empty by Jackson Browne
The Boys are Back in Town by Thin Lizzy
Long Train Runnin' by The Doobie Brothers
Reelin' in the Years by Steely Dan
Layla by Derek and the Dominos
Another Brick in the Wall, Part II by Pink Floyd
Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That IM thing was good! Confusing as hell... but good! Nice to IM with you, m'dear. Shame I had to leave early, but was going cross eyed.

Seeking Solace said...

I am so glad we got to chat too Claire. I am amazed that you were able to stay up for a while.

BrightStar (B*) said...

I'm glad you were both there.

Subscribe