The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Is It Open Season On Seeking Solace?

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Shhh. Be very quiet. People are hunting yours truly.

What the hell is up with Blogger? I cannot comment on certain blogs!!! So my apologies to Sheepish, Shrinky, RV and anyone else I may have forgotten. I am not ignoring you.

One of my students in my Critical Thinking class was doing math homework during class. When I told her to put it away, she just gave me this evil look as if to say "How dare you tell me what to do." I so wanted to slap the shit out of her.

Naked Woman was back at the gym today. LB would not go into the locker room until Naked Woman was gone. Seeing Naked Woman just gave me flashbacks.

Finally, the DI asked me if I would finish teaching another instructor's sociology classes for the remainder of the term. The instructor got another job. But what grinds my gears is that the DI wants to pay me the substitute instructor rate, despite the fact that I will be teaching this course, grading papers and the like on top of my own classes. I suggested a compromise; split the difference between my hourly rate and the sub rate. No deal. The DI said she will have to hire someone to do the job for the sub rate. Like that's going to happen.

After the incident with the student today, I have to wonder if I have a "Kick Me" sign on my back.

I need a drink!

4 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Oh, yeah. A drink sounds like a fine idea. (I've been having trouble commenting on some blogs too...very annoying!)

Abbey said...

I'm all for a drink too!

Alice said...

Hang in there! "After all ... tomorrow is another day." And let's hope it's better! :)

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the DI's not realizing her inherent charm could be a driving force behind the job change anyway

If you get offerred it again tell your DI it should be a 1.5* your regular rate because it's so hard to establish rapport so late and make a class you're own so late in a summer term. Not to mention the rush on all the prep. Deserves extra, not less.

My niece is an education major and is getting 'tude from friends and boyfriends family about being "only a teacher" and "could do so much better" (bless my family's hearts for that being something they would never give grief over). And she's going to graduate from a 5 years = Bachelors + Master's program so she's a little ahead of the "No Child" curve. People have no CLUE!!

Subscribe