The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, May 05, 2006

Low Light

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Ianqui wrote a post about being “on” all the time. It sort of fits my mood today, because I am in a funk.

OK, before I get a ton of comments saying :”Bitch, you just go back from Aruba, you have NOTHING to complain about”, let me explain.

I just started the summer session at my college. That’s right. I only had a week off between semesters. So even though I spent a week in paradise, I had to hit the ground running once I returned home. On the plus side, the semester ends the second week of August. I have almost a full month before the Fall term. It’s a tough schedule. It seems like two weeks would be more appropriate. Even my colleagues who did not travel or do anything special during the one week hiatus feel tired this week.

It feels like I never left. It’s hard to get back into the academic groove. I taught three classes yesterday, and I felt like I was running on auto-piolet. I thought that my workout would help, but I felt exhausted and crummy. Even as I write this, I don’t feel like myself.

I am one of those people who loves her downtime. I need to have that period where I can recharge my batteries. I am a total homebody, although I do love to go out now and again. But I need that time in which I don’t have to be the Professor, the Attorney or the Colleague. At least I will have the house to myself this weekend. Husband is going camping with his brothers, so it is just me and the Boy. Hopefully, I will get the spark back.

4 comments:

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Bitch, you just go back from Aruba, you have NOTHING to complain about!

(Sorry, I had to!!!)

But seriously, that sounds sucky. One week??

BrightStar (B*) said...

LOL @ Brazen, because I was totally going to write that. :)

sheepish said...

I wasn't going to call you bitch, but DBH stole my funny too.

I get the feeling of not really having down time. Vacations are great for relaxing, but somehow you always need recovery from even the most relaxing ones. Also sucks to be back in the real world, huh?

Seeking Solace said...

Sheepish: Yeah, it totally sucks! When I die, I want to come back as Jimmy Buffett!

Subscribe