The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Home Alone..Sort Of.

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Husband just left for his camping trip. He will be back sometime tomorrow. He and his brother are tent camping at a place that is about 2 hours from Redneckville. One of Husband’s buddies is staying at a dive hotel. (Note to Ellen…three guesses who is wussing out and staying at the hotel!). Husband’s other brother is meeting the group on Sunday to go fishing. So it’s just me and the Boy.

I think I will do a little spring cleaning. I should make a list of the jobs that I want to accomplish. My goal is to tackle one major project during the week. I have this tendency to try to accomplish everything at once, which means nothing gets done.

So, here is today’s to do list:

1. I started with my closet before I went on my trip, so now is a good time to finish the job. I need to put the sweaters in storage and put together the things that need to go to the cleaner, like my winter coats.
2. I think I will set aside some of my old suits. Many of the students at my college do not have the money to purchase clothing for interviews. Some do not know what is appropriate for an interview either. I think it would be great to start a clothing exchange.
3. Call to have the carpets cleaned. Muddy paw season is over.
4. Work out. I start up the program again. But on Thursday, I banged my knee against the filing cabinet that sits under the desk in my faculty work area. It really hurts. It does not help matters that it is the same knee that I blew out skiing five years ago. So, I will take it easy on the treadmill.
5. Take the Boy for a walk, if it stops raining. For a dog who is part Lab and like water, he does not like to go out in the rain!
6. Do some laundry, as always.
7. Call my mom. She has been a little depressed lately since finishing her cancer treatment. My mom was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma last Christmas. She finished an experimental radiation treatment which seems to work, but her energy and concentration are down.
8. Find new books to read. I read The Fifth Horseman and Marley and Me during my vacation. Highly recommend Marley and Me. Even those of you who are cat people will appreciate this story!

Ok, one more cup of coffee and then it’s time to get going.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have guessed E is he was even remotely local but you MUST mean R. Hehehehehe. Will have to grill him.

As a cat & dog person, Marley and Me is absolutely FANTASTIC. I Loooooved It!!!

Seeking Solace said...

Ellen: Yep, it was R. He even sent Husband an email admitting he was a wuss!!!

Alice said...

I would start with #8. :)

Subscribe