The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, March 09, 2006

For Bud

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I got some sad news today. One of the Boy’s friends, Bud, past away. Bud was a 15 year old Lab mix. Bud, and three other dogs, Tanner, Sage and Jack, along with their humans would get together with the Boy, Husband and I for Dog-a-thons. A Dog-a-thon consists of a long hike in the woods. Usually the dogs would find a pond or creek and go swimming. After their walk, the dogs would line up in a row and wait for their treats. They would patiently wag their tails and wait their turn for the treat. Then each dog would go home, exhausted from a day of frolicking with his friends.

Tanner passed away a couple of years ago, and now Bud is gone. The Boy, Sage and Jack are around the same age. Hopefully, we will have a Dog-a-thon in Bud's honor as soon as the weather breaks.

I’m sure that Bud is having a good time with Tanner at Rainbow Bridge. For those of you who are not familiar with Rainbow Bridge, it is a wonderful piece about where animals go when the pass away. It always maks me cry.

Rainbow Bridge

5 comments:

Chaser said...

I am terribly sorry to read this,Seeking. I recently lost a beloved furfriend of 17 years, so I do hear you.

Kiss My Mike said...

Oh My. I'm sorry to read about this as well. I have a friend who lost a dog after 14 years and it was really devastating for her.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with Bud's human family. I have some friends here dealing w/ either terminal pets or recent losses.

Anonymous said...

The Rainbow Bridge piece always makes me cry, too, even though I feel like such a sap because it's so sentimental. But there's nothing like the love you get from an animal. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Bud.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
»

Subscribe