The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

American Idol Dish

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Ok friends, it’s time to dish

Vegas: Kind of boring, but there were some interesting moments.

The girl doing the booty slap while singing “Baby Got Back”. That should not be permitted on prime time TV.
The thrash metal dude…frightening. His singing makes me wonder if he has multiple personalities.
The psychic who was managing her sister. Find a new hobby…Please!
The twins just irritated me.
The guy singing “Proud to be an American” should be deported immediately!
Why did they pass on the gondola singing guy???? He was pretty good.

Austin: A little better, but…

The fit model only got through thanks to T & A.
The only reason I can come up with for giving the plane crash girl a second chance was T & A.
The last girl, Tess. All can say is…definitely not T& A.

Is it just me, or are they focusing too much on the freaks and not enough on the good singers? I realize that the freaks make the show, but….

4 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

My take on Austin:

Paula in Pink singing Proud Mary… okay, sorry, the braces need to go.

Why do so many of them just frickin’ YELL!?!?

The embalmer sung better than Josh Groban, I think. (I dislike Josh Groban quite a lot.)

O Holy Night? What about O Holy Crap (a la Strong Bad, for those in the know…)?! What that girl didn’t understand is that Kelly Clarkson does a KICK ASS version of O Holy Night, so… yeah, don’t bother.

R.J. the waiter who is like 21 but hits on the 30+ year-old ladies creeped me out.

Dude, the girl who came back and re-tried out was mostly WORSE the second time than the first time!

I’m calling it right now – William the 16 year-old boy is good! (red shirt, sung “ain’t too proud to beg”) Frickin’ adorable!

That large-ish girl with the blonde braids… Oh. My. Word. The red pants. Needed to stop. They were really NOT right. So very wrong.

I agree -- they are focusing too much on the weak singers. I need to see

Seeking Solace said...

B* you crack me up!!!!!

I loved the embalmer...and I hate Josh Groban!

Do you think RJ should just wait for the remake of American Gigolo?

The red pants were bad. Someone should call Stacey and Clinton!!!

sheepish said...

I crack up every time Paula makes eyes at some (usually pretty young) (apparently) cute male singer who can actually sing. Makes me wonder how many of them she'd like to hook up with if she didn't think she would get caught... again.

BrightStar (B*) said...

I agree that the gondola singing guy was pretty good and also had a good personality.

My incomplete sentence at the end of my comment: I need to see more of the strong singers so I know I have something to look forward to during the season.

Subscribe