The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Almost

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I finished my last class today. Now I am beginning the awesome task of grading papers. If you don’t hear from me, send in reinforcements!

Astroprof wrote about some of the things that he heard his students say this week. So I decided to add my own.

Student 1: (Rushing in at 8:30 AM). I need to finish typing my paper.

SS: Then why are you’re here talking to me? Go!!!!

Student 2: Do I have to turn in a Works Cited page?

SS: What do you think?

Student 3: Am I going to pass this course?

SS: Well, you have all you papers with grades on them. What do you think?

It’s only 2:00. Sigh.

PS: For some reason, my template is AFU. Does anyone know WTF is up?

5 comments:

jo(e) said...

Lots of templates have been going crazy lately. I think too many of us have been complaining about grading and the internet decided to just shut us down .....

blithering moron said...

i think blogger is having problems keeping up with all the people using it.

Seeking Solace said...

jo(e): They probably feel as stressed as we do! LOL

Bothering Moron: The pressure of technology!

Anonymous said...

Student: Did I pass the class?
Astroprof: Have you passed any exams?
Student: No.
Astroprof: Have you made a passing score on any laboratory reports?
Student: No.
Astroprof: Have you turned in any homework?
Student: No.
Astroprof: I think that you know the answer.

Anonymous said...

I was always amused when my students with 46 averages wouldn't understand how they were failing Calc ("Ok - passing is 60. And you see, 46 is LESS THAN 60. And while LESS THAN was not directly in the syllabus, it is a prerequisite to know thyis to be in Calc. ...")

Subscribe