The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Tales from the Subway

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I always get a kick out of the people I encounter on the subway. Today was no exception. The subway system runs above ground in the downtown area of my city. So when one boards, you are outside braving the elements.

As I took my seat, a woman in her 50’s began screaming at the top of her lungs and hitting the seat next to her with her cane. I looked up to see a bird flapping around. She took a good swing at it, which caused it to take flight in the subway car. Now, everyone is screaming and slapping at this poor bird. One would have thought that these people had just seen “The Birds’ and just lost their minds. It’s a bird for crying out loud. The worst thing that it could do is crap on your head. Finally, the poor creature landed near the door and a woman gently pushed it out. People were actually threatening to sue the transportation authority for stress!

Now I remember why I sometimes love animals more than people. And why I am no longer practicing law.

0 comments:

Subscribe