The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, March 06, 2015

I'm not crazy...

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Yesterday, I decided to apply for a job at a local CC that I know all too well. It's another administrative position similar to the one I had at Tech College.

I know, I know...didn't that same job cause you significant stress, so much so that you had to quit?

Yep.

So why in the hell would you go back into the fire? 

In my defense, and I need one, I thought long and hard about doing this.

  • This particular position is a much shorter commute, like 10-15 minutes. So, that is way better than the 45-60 minutes with the last job. This would be way more do-able.
  • I know how to do the job and do it well. It complements my work in PhD program. I really could make a difference there.
  • It's not like anyone has been banging on my door for faculty positions, although HBCU did confirm that I will be teaching on camps for the fall. But that's one class. And, who knows what will happen with my admission situation at PhD U.
  • I just wanted to see what will happen. The worst thing is that I get no response or the classic FU letter.  If I did get an interview, I could decide for myself if this is where I want to go. 
  • I am in a better place physically, emotionally and mentally. I have the coping mechanisms to deal with this or any stressful situation. 
That's it in a nutshell. I am not really holding out hope on this. Who knows what will happen. The one thing that I have learned in all of this is that everything happens at the speed of smell in Elsewhere. So, I just have to sit back and wait.

That doesn't sound crazy...does it? 

Update...

Rejected due to lack of education and/or experience. 

Sigh...

1 comments:

AliceAcademic said...

Sorry about the rejection. Although given your qualms about it, it may be just as well. Besides, your perfect job search committee is waiting for you.

Subscribe