The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, January 05, 2015

2015: No More Nuisance

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Long time readers will recall that I do not believe in making New Year's resolutions. Instead, I try to pick a theme for how I want to live my life in the new year. This year is all about getting rid of nuisances in my life.

In tort law, a nuisance is something that interferes with one's quiet use and enjoyment of their property. Things like odors, infestations and noise can interfere with one's quiet use and enjoyment of their property. There's more to proving a claim for nuisance than what I've described, but for the purposes of this post, I keep with the base definition.

I have a lot of nuisances that interferes with my quiet use and enjoyment of life. Whether it's too much noise from the news of the day, the crap on the Internet or the battles that go on in my head, nuisances have taken over my world to the point that quiet use and enjoyment of life is difficult and
does not get me to where I want to be. Nuisances have sucked the energy out of me. Basically, it's being sick and tired of being sick and tired. It's about taking control of your own happiness. And, at the same time, redefining what makes you happy and brings you quiet use and enjoyment of your life.

Husband has been feeling the same way about his life. So, he is joining me on this theme. We have come up with some great ideas for getting rid of the nuisance in our lives. We shall see how things go. I am excited about the idea of regaining some use and enjoyment out of life.

Here's to a nuisance-free 2015.

Subscribe