The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, September 19, 2014

Not Me

Posted by Seeking Solace |

As I was reading through posts on FB, I learned that someone that grew up with passed away. Post after post talked about what a wonderful person she was and how she was a friend to everyone who knew her.

Except me.


What I remember of this person was not the kind and sweet person everyone is gushing and reminiscing about.  I remember a mean girl who, along with her crowd, picked on and bullied Seeking Solace back in high school. 

Now, I know that was more that 25 years ago. I am not the same person that I was back then. People who know since undergrad are often surprised when I tell them about how I was bullied back in the day. I have worked very hard to erase the demons of that time, laying the past behind and let go of the ways that I've been hurt.

I  hope that this person changed and realized the error of her ways. Hopefully, she realized what she did was wrong. Perhaps she became a good person. I don't know.

I mean, I am not happy that she has passed. I would not wish death on anyone...EVER.

But, I cannot share in the grief-fest.

0 comments:

Subscribe