My summer vacation has come to an end. Classes at HBCU started last week. Classes at PhD Uni started today; however, my class does not start until next Tuesday. This gives me some extra time too make sure the class I am teaching is running smoothly before I get consumed with PhD stuff.
So how did the summer go? Well, let's see...
- I will be presenting at a conference in November. My first proposal and it gets accepted. Woot, Woot!
- I am up to 2 miles of jogging with Junior.
- No RA or FMS issues. Still in remission.
- I maintained my weight loss. Actually, I am down to 136 pounds, which is two pounds less than my goal. I have been doing some strength training, so I am sure that helps.
- Husband and I had two fabulous beach vacays.
- I have some lovely herbs, including one massive basil plant.
- I have yet to take the GRE. Studying kinda fizzled out.
- I have yet to finish my IRB. I've learned that trying to track down professors over the summer can be futile.
- Job search went no where. There was the CC job, which I am convinced they never read, a job and PhD Uni that was a long-shot and one at HBCU that they barely acknowledged. I have three more that are stuck in "In Progress" land.
He's right. And, I know this. It's just hard.