I received an email from a local CC letting me know that despite having numerous qualified applicants, they were looking for someone who best fit their requirements. Therefore, I was not selected for an interview.
Really? I thought I hit all the requirments for the position. Let's see...
- I've taught the course in question for many years and I am teaching it currently
- I have experience with online learning.
- I have all of the educational and employment requirements. (Those of you who know me IRL know my history.)
- I have devoted my academic work to adult learners, which includes my PhD studies
- I have a stellar teaching record.
Yep. I can see why I didn't get an interview. I am seriously under-qualified (Insert sarcastic look of disgust.)
I can understand having many applicants for the position. But, did anyone really look at my CV and other materials? I sent an email to HR, inquiring what deficiencies were present in my application, so that I could address them. I seriously doubt I will get a response.
If meeting all the requirements, and then some, is not enough to even get an interview, what's it gonna take?
Because, I have no idea.