The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, November 08, 2013

NaBloPoMo Day #8: Guilty Pleasure

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It's Friday night, which means I get to indulge in my guilty pleasure. I love watching the bridal shows on TLC. This also included What Not to Wear, but now since that show is done, I only have Say Yes to the Dress to watch.

Part of the fun is just looking at the beautiful dresses on these shows. Some of the dress have such gorgeous detail to them. But part of it is watching the bride deal with the family and friends trying to have a say as to what the person should wear. Oh, and the budgets that these women have. The thought of paying $10K for a dress floors me. Granted, my wedding gown was $500.00, but it was 1992. Still, I don't think I would pay $10K for a wedding gown! But, it's fun, mindless TV that does require me to think.

But mostly, it's just embracing my inner girly-girl. There's nothing wrong with that.

So, break out the wine 'cause it's girl's night!

4 comments:

rented life said...

Oh my god, I watch that every Friday! So much fun. I'm always amazed at how much people spend, I love looking at the dresses, and then I get frustrated when people make the brides feel like crap. I loved Lori's evil plan last night of turning the sister and mom against each other so the focus could be on the bride. :)

Seeking Solace said...

OMG, that was so awesome!!!!

It does amaze me how people will make the bride feel like crap. Husband walked in the room when I was watching and said "Why don't those people just shut up and let her pick the dress SHE wants!"

Do you watch the bridesmaid dress show too? That one is a riot too!

chicago foodie girl said...

Four Weddings is da bomb! :-)

Seeking Solace said...

I like that one too!

Subscribe