The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Shit Is Getting Real

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I had and interview Tuesday night at the campus and a Skype interview today. They really like me. In fact, I was told to complete the background check information ASAP.

Holy crap!

It's a great opportunity. It's the next step in my career path, which is moving into an administrative role. Since it's a new campus, I can be a part of building something from the ground up. It's the right time for me as things at work are not going well. Not for me, personally, but as a campus overall. I have a feeling that by the beginning of the year, a lot of people will be leaving.

I have a couple of reservations. The job is a hefty commute, 30 miles. I would have to use my car service to get me to and from work, since Husband works in the opposite direction. That would cost money. Also, the hours would not be great to start; I am looking at 2-3 nights a week. I am hoping that this is something I can negotiate. I have not dropped the disability card yet. I don't like to use it, but I may have to, just to make things a little easier with hours and salary. Finally, I would have to take at least a semester off from my PhD program. The good thing is that I have not formally applied yet. So, I don't have the clock ticking or anything. But, I do want to get back into it soon.

So, once I finish the background check, they will decide on a final interview. If the final interview goes well, they will make an offer. 

Shit is getting real here...really fast.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow. It really is. And all the rest seemed to progress really fast, too.

Well, good luck, with however it turns out. Please keep us posted.

Wishing you the very, very best!

Anonymous said...

SO great! Good luck with everything! I've always wondered about how the disability works in hiring, as I've never been on the real job market myself. I hope it goes well for you!

Nitewriter said...

Good news! Let us know how it goes. I've never really known how to and when to disclose disability.

chicago foodie girl said...

Crossing my fingers for you, girlie!!

Subscribe