The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, April 20, 2012

Hello? Hello? Is There Anyone Out There?

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Well, it's been a while since I've posted... Let's see if I can give you the Reader's Digest version.

  • Ended the quarter and started a new one. A couple of my students were dismissed for academic and/or disciplinary reasons.
  • Just trying to keep my sanity at work. There are a lot of things that just don't make sense. I spent three days of email correspondence trying to explain to someone that criminal law and criminal procedure are two separate concepts.
  • I had a phone interview for a prestigious position at a law school nearby. It went OK. I am lacking in a couple of areas, but the headhunter plans to forward my CV to the selection committee because of my academic background.  Don't know where it's going to go, but I was flattered to get a phone interview.
  • Husband found out yesterday that his division back in Lake Effect Snow Central is closing for good. Effective next Friday, Husband will be laid off. He will get a pretty decent severance. 
  • We are in a great location for Husband to find another job in his field.  He has a couple of leads.
  • Since Husband and I use his salary for living expenses and my salary as extra, we are in pretty good shape. We have a year's worth of expenses stashed away. We are already looking at where we can trim some fat from the budget.
  •  But, that means that our 20th wedding anniversary vacation is on hold.  :(  We have a smaller vacation planned for this summer around the time of our anniversary.
  •  I've been working out like crazy. I am back to my pre-steroid  weight, I gained a few pounds after my last 12 day taper back in January. I am also in full remission again...YAY!  I am the crazy lady on the elliptical. I am up about 3 miles, 3 days a week.
  • Junior passed his intermediate obedience and is in the advanced class which includes working toward his Canine Good Citizen designation. 
  • He still gravels and howls every morning at 7 a.m. for his breakfast. 
  • We don't think that Junior is done growing. He is not even two years old and he still has big paws. He's at  70 pounds.
  • Veggies are planted in the garden. Here's hoping the deer don't think it's an all night buffet!
  • I treated myself to a fabulous pair of Christian Louboutin pumps. I had been saving for them since I purchased my Manolo Blaniks and before Husband lost his job! No expensive shoes or handbags for a while.   
I know there is other stuff, but for the life of me, I can't recall it. I guess that's what I get for neglecting my blog! 

4 comments:

Karen said...

Fingers crossed for husband! Congrats to Junior! Our new pup is having trouble passing puppy school. We have so much homework! lol

abcsofra said...

Hoping hubby finds work soon. My hubby went through that a couple years ago. Won't say on how he is doing with job hunting but he is much older also. I have three newbie kittens...any training school for them. Trying to rescue them but it is a killer with ra and kittens that small. I also have two grown cats as well and they are not too happy with the little visitors. But I did find a no kill shelter about 45 minutes from my home. So that IS good news.

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks so much to both of you!

Karen: Be patient. Try incorporating training into the puppy's daily routine. It takes time, but the reward is great.

abcofra: That is one of my fears. We have a friend who is 58 and is having a really hard time finding work. Husband is 45, so we'll see how it goes. I just reviewed his resume. I'd hire him!

Anonymous said...

Glad to read the update. Good luck with your interview and husband's job search. Sounds like Junior is doing good -- he'll fill out for another year. If he gets too hungry, add a can of unsalted green beans or a can of organic pumpkin to his food. That'll fill him up! Frozen carrots for a treat are good too. Our vet recommended all these for our boxer with the empty pit for a stomach! LOL

Subscribe