The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, March 01, 2012

They're Back

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Migraines, that is.

Addy recently posted how she was dealing with migraines (We are migraine sisters). I guess in addition to being painful and annoying, they are now contagious!

I think the source of mine is two-fold. The weather in Elsewhere is crazy. The barometric pressure is out of control. That's usually a big trigger for me.  Yesterday, I could feel it coming just as the rain was beginning to fall. Thankfully, I keep a Relpak pill in my purse for just such an emergency.

The second is that I am just so. very. tired. It has been crazy in my little corner of the world. While being tired can make RA flares rear their ugly head, it does help for migraines. We just finished midterm, and well, you know the rest. Plus, I have so many other things that I must get done at some point. I found a new primary care physician that is located closer to my house and has more convenient hours. So, I have to get blood-work completed. Also, I have to get my records transferred from my old PCP to my new PCP. Oh, and I have to see the radiologist for hand X-rays. No, I didn't do anything to my hands. My RA doc want to see if the RA has damaged my joints. The "To Do" list is rather long, so Husband and I took this Friday off to get this stuff done and get a little R&R.

Yesterday, I left work an hour early because the Relpak knocks me out. I slept for about four hours, got up to eat something and then went back to sleep for about 10 hours. I am feeling a little groggy this morning; not sure if it's the meds or if I am still tried.

I just have to get through today.

3 comments:

Addy N. said...

Sorry you're having them too! I hope things improve- I'm also blaming the weather and work stress. :P

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. The weather changes mess me up big time, too. Joints start the "snap crackle pop" thing; muscles spasm; head pounds. This is going to be a bad spring and last for longer than usual. My weather issues started about a month ago. Way too early. Hope you feel better soon. Hope your weather stabilizes to give you some relief.

AliceAcademic said...

I'm a human barometer too. I hope you've managed to chase away the migraines.

Subscribe