The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Surfacing

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am finally feeling better today. The steroids have kicked in and I think I killed the cold virus using Zicam and NyQuil.

But guess who is sick now? Junior! He has a little gastrointestinal bug that I think he caught at doggie day camp. Just like human kids bring viruses home, so do canine kids! He will be fine is a couple of days.

Meanwhile, things on campus are just, well, going. We had visitors yesterday, who were making sure that the college was following all accreditation guidelines. I am guess my program did fine since the person who interviewed me only spent about 10 minutes talking to me about the program and no one bugged me for any additional documentation or explanations.  I will find out more when I go to campus later this morning.

Classes for the most part are OK. We just started the new term, so it's too early to tell just yet. My Intro to Law students seems eager and excited. I have a lighter teaching load this quarter, but more administrative stuff to do. I actually don't mind the administrative stuff too much. I can shut my door, put on my IPod and actually get work done.

As for the "unbloggable" stuff, it's still there. Just don't know where to go with it just yet.

3 comments:

Addy N. said...

I'm blaming everything weird or bad today on the solar storm. Feel better soon!!

Alice said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Hope Junior is feeling better soon, too.

AliceAcademic said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, and hope Junior is on the mend soon.

Subscribe