The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, January 12, 2012

And It's Getting More And More Absurd

Posted by Seeking Solace |

So, I found out why Major Project was put on the back burner. It seems that the people in windowless offices have decided to revamp the program.

OK...


They want to shorten the duration and/or change the type of degree that is awarded.

Um, there's a huge problem with that. It involves accrediting guidelines and state law.

Yep.

I made my concerns known to those in power, citing chapter and verse, why these changes would be a huge problem. And, these changes would put the students at major disadvantage when it comes to securing employment upon graduation.

Like people don't already have enough problems finding a job.

Seriously, folks. I wonder what people are thinking when they come up with these ideas. Do they even think to ask those who know what the rules are or have spent time in the field?

Excuse me while I bang my head on my desk.

Oh and FYI, no apologies for the Friday afternoon email either! 

4 comments:

Alice said...

Ouch, sorry about that...

TiredProf said...

Geez. Sorry...

rented life said...

ugh! So no response about how it'll screw up accredidation? You'd think that would matter. So sorry, been thinking about you all week.

comebacknikki said...

Ugh, sucky. We're going through some BS accreditation changes (crap), too. I sometimes really wonder if the powers that be understand *anything* about best practices in education.

Subscribe