The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hello, It's Me

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Sorry for the lack of posting. It's been the same with Twitter and FB. Basically, I'm been super busy. Here's the re-cap.

  • Took a little trip to the beach with Husband for a couple of days. Needed the R&R after a rough end to the term.
  • Presented my paper at the leadership conference this past week. Was tweaking the PowerPoint slides up to about an hour before I presented. Presentation was well received.
  • Started the Summer term. Usual insanity and drama.
But, the biggest thing that has consumed my time and energy is the Boy. He injured his back. We are not sure how he did it. It was not like the last time he injured his back. It didn't show up immediately. The vet gave him pain meds and a muscle relaxer. The meds are analgesics, which cause him to pace, pant and be incontinent. Basically, my poor pup is on a acid trip.  It's hard because he is just not the same dog.  I am looking into acupuncture or something else other than meds because I just cant stand to see him like this.  Husband and I have not slept well for the past week. Plus, we have gone through numerous rolls of paper towels and Swiffer Wet Jet pads.

Today, I am going to try to chill out and relax.

3 comments:

Alice said...

Poor Boy... I hope he is feeling better soon. It's heartbreaking to see your pet suffer.

rented life said...

The blog looks so pretty! Makes me feel like I need to find a better background. Sorry about The Boy. We're thinking of him and you two!!

Congrats on the paper presentation!

Nan said...

so difficult when our pets are in trouble. I recently had a similar situation with our Bishon and the worry does not help our RA! Hope it all works out! Nan

Subscribe