The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Smooth

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am amazed at how smoothly things are going this term. I do not have much student whining and heinousness. The whiners and troublemakers have either dropped out, caused minimal trouble or have just fallen into line because they just realized it was easier to follow the rules. Many of the students have used peer pressure to knock the troublemakers in line. I had to giggle to myself when one troublemaker was complaining about the amount of work in Research and Writing. Before I could say anything, one of her classmates said "Well, maybe if you actually showed up for class and did the work, you wouldn't be in this position." The troublemaker just sunk into her chair and responded "Yeah, you're right."

You gotta love that.

My teaching load is not too bad. I finished a six week course two weeks ago which allows me more time to work on a couple of major, unbloggable projects which I am quite excited about working. Both projects, if they work out the way I want them to work out, will be huge feathers in my cap. These projects are also the type that will get the attention of a few people in powerful places at my college.

One of my faculty will most likely be promoted to full time status. I am so excited for him. He is on his way to becoming a great instructor. That is good because with these above mentioned projects, I really need a wing-man. He fits well with my vision for the program. Plus, he is willing to teach the courses that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole...like Will and Real Estate (BLECH!)

So, I am quite content.

I like that.

3 comments:

Alice said...

Yay! :)

Rebecca said...

Aww, I'm so happy for you. You certainly deserve some good stuff coming your way, so I'm glad you've got it.

anthea said...

Yay! What good news!

Subscribe