The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Whew!!!!

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It's been a week since I last posted...

OK. I was a little depressed after my Boys in Black and Gold let me down on Super Bowl Sunday. I don't think they realized that they actually had to play that day. Needless to say, I spend the following two days with laryngitis as a result of screaming at the TV.

Then, things at work were beyond the usual craziness. We had a an axis of insanity that led to three students being dismissed and one faculty member being fired. Thankfully, none of the students or the faculty member were in my program. But, the stress level was through the roof.

And finally, I think my students are falling into lazy mode. They had a take home essay exam which many of them just phoned in their answers. They did not give it much thought. Another student tried to hide her plagiarism by layering bits and pieces within the paper.

Needless to say, I was at my wits end by the end of the week. I was so happy that yesterday was Salon Day. I went to my hair salon for color and cut. I spent two hours enjoying the relaxing atmosphere of my salon, including the shampooing/scalp and neck massage, reading fashion magazines while my color backed and my treat at Starbucks afterward, a Chai latte and red velvet cupcake.

Ahhh...

Do I have to go back to work on Monday?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh there's always that point in a class where they get lazy! How do they phone in answers on an exam?

Sounds like a great spa day. I need one of those!

rented life said...

My class seems to be at that point too. Um, you can't complain to me about your grade and then 1) not show up for the exam and/pr 2) not follow directions for the assignment. If I say I want an outline, I want an outline.

My spa day is at the end of the month. Can't wait. :)

Seeking Solace said...

Sherlock. By "phone in" I mean that they didn't even try to answer. They just BS'ed their way through it. And, not very well. :)

RL: Yay for Spa day!!!!

TiredProf said...

Oh, yeah...we're there, too. Had an email from a student (I always get this email from this student when an assignment is due): "Do you want me to [follow the details of the assignment] or should I do X?" To second what rented life said: "If I say I want an outline..."

Subscribe