The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, February 04, 2011

So Very Done

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Lately, I've been very frustrated with some of my colleauges.

Many of the faculty and administrators have been asking for changes in certain policies regarding students. Some people were extremely vocal that change needed to occur. As a result, certain polices were changed.

Well, now these same people complain that they either don't want to enforce the policies or complain about having to enforce the policies. These people were part of making the changes.

And, they want to add so many exceptions to rules that there is no point in have them in the first place. And these exceptions do not make sense and are counter to what they wanted to change in the first place.

This just makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs "Are you f-ing kidding me?"

It's gotten so bad that I have to decline to comment or provide my opinion because I am afraid I might say something snarky, or worse, say something that could possibly get me fired (Those of you who know me IRL know that I can be brutally frank when I believe people are being stupid). I've pretty much thrown my hands up in the air and decided to let these people f#@! things up. I am just going to worry about my corner of the world.

I am so done.

I have to keep remembering that you can't fix stupid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* My motto is nod and agree then close your door and do as you damn well please*

It's served me well in public schools, on campus colleges, and now full time online.

Actually it's a lot easier online. I was supposed to send in some kind of stupid statistics for the past two semesters and I haven't done it yet. I don't know how. I don't DO numbers of any kind for any reason.

No one has done anything about it. About once a semester I get a reminder email, which I ignore. I don't think they're all so busy doing other shit that they don't know who did and did not figure out all those stats and send 'em in.

Close your door and do as you damn well please. Oh and SMILE -- all the time!! That way everyone thinks you agree with them and that you're doing what they think you should be doing.

Works every time :-) I'm too old to argue with stupid people so I just don't.

TiredProf said...

This is why I got myself off of our Faculty Assembly.

And I agree with Sherlock's comments and practice this myself (after years of trying to fix things). I'm also learning that if I don't bust my a** for this or that committee/departmental assignment people stop asking and look for someone else (I do my job, just don't overdo). I suddenly have more time for my own work...

Alice said...

Yes, when stupidity rules there is no point in tryng to fix it. The valiant attempt usually backfires... Proverbs 17:12 " It is better to come face to face with a bear whose young ones have been taken away than with a foolish man acting foolishly."

Subscribe