The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, January 09, 2011

So Far, So Good

Posted by Seeking Solace |

The first week back to work went very well. Of course, it helped that there were no students on campus! Needless to say, I did accomplish a great deal. My syllabi are ready. I have one tracking calendar to complete; I am holding off because there are some things I am working on to add to the course. I am teaching Constitutional Law this term which I am very excited to teach. Given everything that's going on, I will not be at a loss to material to discuss.

My new hire starts on Tuesday. I am so excited to bring him on board. I plan to have a department meeting this week because there are some things that need to be addressed. Overall, our department received top honors for retention and completion rates (WOOOT!). But, there are some issues with some of my instructors not completing some administrative tasks. The People in the Windowless Offices are cracking down, so I have to be the bad guy and let people know that if there is not sufficient follow-through, I have to write up the offender. I will give that person a verbal warning first, before the write-up. But, I really don't want it to go that far.

I am so excited that my proposal for the regional conference in my field was accepted!!! Now, I just need to take all the notes that I have complied over two years into something coherent. I'm not worried. I plan to set aside some time each week to work on it, so that I won't be stressing out come March.

Husband and I are back at the gym. I took a few days off after the Zumba class to allow my body to recover. Last night, we went to the gym and I hit the recumbent bike for 27 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of light upper body weights. My RA Doc suggested that I work on strengthening my quads to help with my knee joints. She also said I could do light weights. I guess one gets better results with more reps on lighter weights. At any rate, being back at the gym has helped greatly with my mood and energy level.

Husband and I also re-established our "date night". A while back, "date night" consisted of working out at the gym, followed by dinner. This was our time to just relax, spend some time as a couple and reward ourselves for our hard work at the gym. It also gives us something to look forward to at the end of the week. It also gives us a chance to check out some of the local places in and around Elsewhere. Last night, we ate at a crab-house. Funny though, neither of us ordered crab! Still, the food was awesome.

And, the Boy? Well he is hoping that snow will show up again this week in Elsewhere so that he can get his "Snow Dog" on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the first week back went well. Congrats on the proposal acceptance! When's the conference? Yeah we're supposed to get snow too. First they say LOTS of snow, then they say a "mix" and I'm convinced the idiots just have no freaking clue till it gets here! LOL Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hello! This is Joy from Ms. Flamingo. LoL [I am not keeping that blog, it was about my broken leg and it is healed now :)]

I am very impressed with your conference acceptance. Wow, way to go.

Hey, it is snowing here in TN- where I moved last year..

I love it. I love snow.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and good to see your success!

Mary Ann aka Joy

Subscribe