The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year Meme

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Seen at Seeking Academia

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Become an administrator in addition to being faculty

2. Did you keep your 2010 resolutions, and will you make more this year?
I don’t make any.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
None.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
RA in remission, lose some weight, less stress at work.

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting the position I should have had in the first place!

8. What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I had much failure in 2010.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Who writes these things? Um, I am chronically ill. Well, there was the sprained ankle.

10. What was the best thing you bought?
My new house

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Husband for being such a trooper in giving my weekly injections.

12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The two students who thought they could get away with turning in the same paper. I was appalled but not depressed.

13. Where did most of your money go?
Buying and decorating the house.

14. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, fatter and richer. (I got a raise and a bonus!)

15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Taking time for myself.

16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Working long hours..

17. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Been in love since July 1987.

18. What was the best new book you read?
The Help . I can't eat chocolate pie without wondering...

19. What was your favorite film of the year?
Nothing really stood out.

20. What kept you sane?
Husband and the Boy

21. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Things happen for a reason. Your time will come. Karma is a bitch.

0 comments:

Subscribe