The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bliss

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I can safely say that I am over my flare and my cold. So, to celebrate my health, I decided to use the spa gift certificate that Husband gave me for my birthday.

The spa is just up the road from my house. I had been there before and the treatments are fantastic. I got a hydrating, paraffin facial, hand and foot treatment. For an hour, my face, hands and feet were scrubbed, massaged, and wrapped in warm paraffin. My skin feels like butter. I was so relaxed that I almost fell asleep on the table!

As I was on the table, I began to ask myself "Why don't I do these things more often?" I love how I feel during and after facial, a mani or a pedi. I feel relaxed, rejuvenated and beautiful. I am in a better mood, something I know Husband, the Boy and others definitely appreciate.

I am great about pedis in the warmer weather, but let it slide as soon as sandal season ends. The rest of the year, my feet look like crap. My fingernails are short, mainly for typing and playing the piano. But, that's no excuse for them to look ratty. Somehow, I keep up with facials as the seasons change.

While on the table, I made a decision that I would schedule something every month. I calculated how much it would cost, out of my "slush fund", making note of those time when I would get more expensive treatments, like facials and other treatments.

I've had this conversation before, but never really followed through with it. It was always, "Yeah, I'll do it." But, I never did. This time, I followed through with my plan. After I settled the bill with my gift certificate, the receptionist told me that I have some money left over. So, I scheduled a mani and a pedi for next month. I immediately put the appointment in my phone. It was a done deal.

I can't wait until next month.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!! Glad you're feeling better! I was in the dr office a few weeks ago and a young lady came in for her appt. They brought her back (I was sitting outside the lab waiting my turn) to get weighed. She toed off her boots, no socks on, and had the loveliest pedicure! I always wondered if folks did that in the winter too. lol

Subscribe