The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Frozen

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Why can't I...

  • Stick to a workout routine? I've done it before, but it seems like I just can't get it together. As soon as I get started, something gets in the way
  • Have one week where I only have to work late the one night of the week that I am scheduled? This week, I have three, count 'em, three late nights.
  • Have one week where no one drops a project in my lap that needs to be done NOW?
  • Have a class where my students are not whining about due dates or assignments being too much work?
  • Make an effort to cook more at home?
  • Make an effort to blog more? I miss writing here. But, it seems like I either don't have the time or I feel forced to write.

OK, maybe I am whinning. But I am so frustrated right now. I want to make changes, but as soon as I get ready to do it, I can't seem to pull the trigger. A couple of weeks ago, I thought I was losing my shopping mojo because I couldn't buy anything. Not because I didn't have the money. Not because I thought I was spending foolishly. I just couldn't do it.

Same with my fitness routine. I want to get back on track. I try to make a plan, using baby steps. But, I just freeze up and do nothing. Or, I get started and then something gets in the way, like my job, the RA or just my own laziness.

I like my job very much. But, it seems like it is overtaking my life. Last week, I worked two 12 hour days back-to-back. This was because of registration for the next term. I need to accommodate the night students in my program. On top of that, I am in the process of interviewing for a new part-time instructor and that can only be accomplished at night. Oh, and less I forget, I am tutoring students who are taking their certification exam next month. There is no review class for them, so guess who is stuck doing it? That would be me.

Oh, and did I mention that there are three weeks left in the term?

UGH!!!!

What has happened to me? I used to be such a balanced person. Now, I am truly fumbling through chaos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry things are piling up. Sometimes when that happens, my problem is getting motivated to do anything but work, which I have no choice but to do. It's a vicious cycle for me. Too much work and then no time for anything else. Then when work slows down, I'm just so weary I don't want to do anything else. It'll get better. hang in there. PS Tell RL I still can't post on her blog but I'm reading every one of her posts!

rented life said...

Sherlock! I don't know what's happening with my blog, but I know you have my e-mail if you ever want to say something :)

I know what you mean about writing SS. I get to the computer at home and then I just....don't want to write. I did not lose my shopping mojo though as I did pretty well this weekend with work clothes. But usually I can't find anything-so maybe the world IS balancing things out-for once you can't find something and I could!! haha.

When I was at Private College it totally took over my life. The semester I started letting things go and being sure I had time for me ended up being my best teaching and professional semester ever. But now at my new job? It's happening again. It's not easy, but know we understand!

Psycgirl said...

(((Seeking))) I hope you find your balance again soon

Karen said...

I am RIGHT there with you. My balance has been TOTALLY OFF lately and I can't seem to regain it!

Here is hoping balance is restored to us all ASAP!

Subscribe