Why can't I...
- Stick to a workout routine? I've done it before, but it seems like I just can't get it together. As soon as I get started, something gets in the way
- Have one week where I only have to work late the one night of the week that I am scheduled? This week, I have three, count 'em, three late nights.
- Have one week where no one drops a project in my lap that needs to be done NOW?
- Have a class where my students are not whining about due dates or assignments being too much work?
- Make an effort to cook more at home?
- Make an effort to blog more? I miss writing here. But, it seems like I either don't have the time or I feel forced to write.
OK, maybe I am whinning. But I am so frustrated right now. I want to make changes, but as soon as I get ready to do it, I can't seem to pull the trigger. A couple of weeks ago, I thought I was losing my shopping mojo because I couldn't buy anything. Not because I didn't have the money. Not because I thought I was spending foolishly. I just couldn't do it.
Same with my fitness routine. I want to get back on track. I try to make a plan, using baby steps. But, I just freeze up and do nothing. Or, I get started and then something gets in the way, like my job, the RA or just my own laziness.
I like my job very much. But, it seems like it is overtaking my life. Last week, I worked two 12 hour days back-to-back. This was because of registration for the next term. I need to accommodate the night students in my program. On top of that, I am in the process of interviewing for a new part-time instructor and that can only be accomplished at night. Oh, and less I forget, I am tutoring students who are taking their certification exam next month. There is no review class for them, so guess who is stuck doing it? That would be me.
Oh, and did I mention that there are three weeks left in the term?
What has happened to me? I used to be such a balanced person. Now, I am truly fumbling through chaos.