The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall From Grace

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I fell this morning and sprained my ankle. I was siting at my desk at home, not realizing I was sitting on my foot. I went to stand up and take a step on my sleeping foot. The next thing I knew, I heard "CRACK" and fell to the ground in pain.

Thankfully, there is an emergency care center only two miles from my house. The people there were awesome. They processed my information and sent me for X rays before the doctor came in to tell me I needed X rays. Al in all, it only took two hours, which is phenomenal, considering what the wait time would be at the regular ER.

So, I have an air cast that I have to wear for a few days. I will stay home today and RICE my ankle. The doctor also gave me Dr. House drugs. I wonder if they will make me turn into a real beeyatch? Better still, maybe the Vicodin will help me get through the last few days of the term!

7 comments:

Karen said...

oh no!! Rest and ice for sure! And enjoy those drugs!!

Alice said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

OUCH! you poor thing! I hope it feels better soon. Be sure to take the meds on a schedule. It's a lot easier to keep pain at bay than to kick it once it gets bad.

TiredProf said...

Ouch! So sorry--feel better!

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks everyone!!!! We'll see how everything goes when I go back to work tomorrow.

rented life said...

Sorry about your ankle! I love urgent care--there's one by us and we get much better treatment than going to the actual doctor. Take care of yourself!!!

Psycgirl said...

OUCH! I hope your ankle is better soon!

Subscribe