The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm Not Dead or Anything But...

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Seriously...I am just so freakin' busy


  • The B left a mess of things. There are no student files, so I have to start them from scratch. Students have no clue what they have taken and what they need to graduate.
  • I had SAP conferences with the students in my program. SAP is Sufficient Academic Progress. Basically, if your credit attempts are significantly greater than your completed credits, there is no way, mathematically speaking, that you can complete the program. The paper work is not too bad. It's tracking down the students who need to sign off on the counseling form.
  • I participated in my first student disciplinary hearing this morning. Two girls got into a fight over something someone wrote on Facebook (Um, I think we are supposed to be in college, not junior high). One was dismissed from the college, the other was suspended.
  • Classes are keeping me busy. We are almost at midterm
  • I have to do observations of my two adjuncts this month.
  • We got final approval for our loan. We are scheduled to close on our house on May 28th.
  • Husband is researching movers. At least this move will be cheaper and shorter than the last one.
  • That means we have to start packing...again. Did I just go through this last year?
  • We have tickets to see these guys, this gal and this gal along with some others at this event.
  • I am still trying to maintain a workout schedule...trying.

OK, I 've had a 11 hour day today. Time for bed!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

no student files?!? you've got to be kidding. good luck with all that work, hang in there!

Rebecca said...

Wow. All of that topped by a move in 2 weeks definitely qualifies as busy. The good thing about being in a place for just a year is that you did all of your major sorting/purging then and don't have so much to deal with now. Good luck with everything.

Brigindo said...

Wow that is crazy but I know you will get it all straightened out and next year everything will be running like clockwork.

Good news on the house but packing up after only a year is pretty grueling. Good luck.

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks everyone!

It's a good thing we didn't unpack everything. That makes it a little easier.

rented life said...

yippie for the concerts. Sorry about the mess you have to clean up from the B.

Just keep in mind, moving this time is final! Decorations! buying new books! arranging things til you're happy! And you can put holes in the walls! :)

RageyOne said...

really? no student files? my, my, my. the B really wasn't doing what she was supposed to do!

enjoy the concert!

yay! for the news on the house! although you must pack again, just think. you won't be doing so for a good while and the Boy will have a yard to run in!

Subscribe