The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Busy Girl

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Well, I 'm still here...

  • Classes are moving along. The "winter break" put a hitch in my teaching schedule, but I think things will work out in the end.
  • My upper level students are coming around and they are gaining confidence. I gave them a huge assignment that will test their skills. They are very excited.
  • The atmosphere at work is so different now that the B is gone, at least among the faculty. There is less tension. I am sensing the same with the upper level students as well.
  • I will be attending a conference in Neighbor State next month. Husband will be going with me. ROAD TRIP!!!
  • I am back on the workout schedule and so far it is going well. It definitely has given me the extra energy I need to make through my Monday/Wednesday schedule of three-two hour classes.
  • Husband and I are narrowing our choices on houses. We have two more we want to see. We would like to be under contract by April 30th, so that we can claim the $6500.00 tax credit.
  • We also want to get one more rate quote for a mortgage. We have two.
  • I wish I had more time to write. I am not blogging at the same level I usually do.

So, that's my life right now. I am busy, but it's a good kind of busy.

5 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

YEA!!! I'm happy that you're busy in the good way.

I'm also happy that B caused stress is going away!!

Seeking Solace said...

ITPF: Me too. I was talking to a few of my faculty colleagues who said that things are so much better now that she is gone!

jo(e) said...

A "good kind of busy" is the best kind.

rented life said...

Yay for road trips. Husband and I are taking 2 for his conferences (unless I have to be somewhere for an interview). Being together in a car, where you can chat it up and just have fun great stuff.

Good luck with the house stuff! So happy to hear that things are better with B gone. You deserve a good work place and the students deserve your awesomeness. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all is going well. Busy is good :-) Looking forward to updates when you have time. And photos of THE house when you pick one out!!

Subscribe