The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, January 09, 2010

The Day After

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am starting to recover after yesterday's drama. I took a nap when I got home yesterday and another today after I returned home from the college's open house. Someone had to represent the department.

I thought that I would be absolutely giddy with yesterday's news. I thought I would just gloat in the satisfaction. Neither were the case. At first I was in total shock. No one, I mean no one, saw it coming. And after it happened, people were walking around with "I can't believe it" look on their faces.

But given everything that has happened in the last 24 hours, I am still not doing cartwheels or shouting "WOOHOO" from the rooftop. I am reserved. I think mostly because the last time something like this came down, things did not work out. I guess I will not feel like it's over until everything is said and done and cannot be taken away.

Until then, I will keep doing what I do.

1 comments:

rented life said...

I don't blame you for being cautious. I would be too, especially since we both know that these things can change on a whim. Relax when you can!

Subscribe