The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, November 13, 2009

Paranoia, The Destroyer*

Posted by Seeking Solace |

My RA Doc is prescribing a Medrol Dose Pack to help me get through this flare. It's my happy drug. I should be back to normal in a day or two. (Normal for me, that is!)

But, I am starting to get paranoid. Many of you recall what happened at Private College regarding my RA and missing work. I am starting to have those thoughts about New Job. Now, no one at New Job has said anything about my missing work. And, my class doesn't start until Monday, so it's not like I have cancelled classes or anything like that. Plus, I am taking the time off without pay because I don't have any vacation built up.

But, when you have been burned once, you get a little nervous.

Now, I know all the ADA and FMLA guidelines. I was a lawyer, remember? But, that didn't stop Private College from making my life so difficult that I knew where I stood. Once again, New Job has not said "Boo" to me. Also, I am full- time at New Job, so I do have some protection. Yet, I feel the need to cover myself, just in case, which means getting my documentation together for HR so that everything is on record.

I am thinking about having a meeting with the Dean, just to clear the air and see if we are on the same page. I don't want to get blindsided like I did at Private College.

So I guess it's not being paranoid, it's just being careful.

*Bonus points for the band who wrote the song named in the post title!

1 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Yep, and with the broken AC running full blast, it was the perfect storm.

Subscribe