The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, October 09, 2009

Survivor

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It's the end of my first week and I survived.

The Dean was happy to see me this morning. He was worried I might bolt after yesterday's fiasco. I told him it would take more than that to scare me

What I wanted to say was that it would take more than a bunch of bratty little snots who lack home training to keep me from doing my job, but I didn't think that it would be appropriate.

After all, I do have home training.

But, I am a survivor. I survived working for nasty attorneys. I survived working for one Dean that felt threatened by another strong woman. I survived working in a place that did not understand that a pill cannot cure RA. What happened yesterday was a drop in the bucket.

Besides, I think some of these students will come around. Those that don't will regret that they messed with the one who holds the red pen. And, they will miss out on learning from a great professor.

3 comments:

nemo said...

That's the spirit! Congrats on the first week. The dean sounds supportive, and that is *the* most important thing. The students are a revolving door.

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the bratty little snots - it happens at all ages!! And you're right -- they're the ones who will miss out on learning from a great professor. But I think you're also correct in that they'll come around. Enjoy the weekend!

rented life said...

You worked for a Vice President who was threatened by strong women too! Glad you have a good dean now, you deserve that!

Subscribe