The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I've Done All I Can Do

Posted by Seeking Solace |

The interview went very well. There was some concern that the HMFIC (Head MF'er In Charge) would not make it due to a family emergency, but he was able to attend after all.

I did the teaching demo. They really enjoyed it. In fact, they participated and asked questions as if they were in the actual class. The Dean of Academics loved how I engaged them in the discussion and incorporated critical thinking skills. After the demo, we spent 1.5 hours talking about teaching expectations, student expectations, management style and goals. The HMFIC loved the fact that I worked with and understood the needs of their particular student body, which is similar to Former College. He also said that he could tell that I had a passion for what I do.

I finally disclosed the fact that I have RA and had some concerns should I have a flare and I am unable to work. To my surprise and relief, they completely understood and stated that having a flare would be the least of my worries. Getting well would be the first priority. There would be contingencies in place, should I have to absent.

The HMFIC and the Academic Dean used some language during the interview that seemed to indicate an offer. I called them on it, saying that I didn't want to "assume' anything. The HMFIC said that it is between me and another person. He is very excited about the possibility of my working at the college, but would have to review everything before making a final decision.

All in all, I think it went extremely well. I am cautiously optimistic. The HMFIC said he would have a decision either Thursday or Friday. I rescheduled my interview with the law firm on Friday morning.

In the meantime. I've done all I can do.

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you did a fabulous job, which is no surprise. Wishing you the very best of luck with that and your Friday morning interview.

jo(e) said...

That all sounds very positive!

TiredProf said...

That sounds great--good for you!

MissDazey said...

It sounds like a very good experience. I am proud for you, especially that you were not afraid to ask them questions as well as answer theirs. I know that explaining RA was a positive thing, even if scary.

Good luck with the next interview. Which place can you see yourself being part of the staff?

rented life said...

Yeah!! that's fantastic, esp about them being so flexible.

Alice said...

Keeping fingers and toes crossed...

Psych Post Doc said...

Congrats on a successful interview, I am so excited for you.

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Awesome - sounds like you did great! And you're right, the rest is out of your hands. Good luck with tomorrow's interview!

RageyOne said...

Sounds promising!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes -- fingers and toes crossed here, too. Will be watching for updates!!!!

Subscribe