The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

'Cause I Really Wanna Know

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Wow. I am so relieved to know that so many of you have the same issues regarding FB that I expressed in my last post.

What I failed to mention, but mentioned in the comments is that one of the other problems is that my brother's baby's mama is also a "friend". I didn't think much of it because I get along with BBM just fine. But, it seems that she has this habit of mentioning things that I put on FB to my mom. Then, my mom calls me and gives me the third degree about whatever is going on in my life.

Just an example. In my excitement about my new job, I didn't get a chance to call my mom right away to give her the good news. Well, I had posted it on FB. The next day, my mom calls me and says she heard from BBM that I had got the job. Well, crap, I wanted to be the one to tell my mom.

It may sound petty, but it just another example of FB issues. Now, I have to got through this order of operation of who knows stuff first. Now, I am thinking, I have to tell X before I can post and tell Y.

Gah!!!!

I don't want to announce that I am going to stop posting on FB or limit my posting. That will just lead to questions and inquiries. But, I think I am just going to limit time there.

3 comments:

RageyOne said...

I don't think that is petty at all. I can only guess that since it was out there publicly she thought your mom already knew.

nemo said...

Yeah, I agree that it's not petty. I'm telling you: fb is more trouble than it's worth! Did you ever read (back when I was still on) that email that crazy cousin sent me! It turned out to be rather ironic that I thought fb would add a layer of privacy since I had to be a "friend" for someone to see, and it ultimately didn't. The issue "friends" with showing something to others (like your BBM telling your mom) was also a reason I left it.

BrightStar (B*) said...

Oh, geez... I completely dislike the electronic few degrees of separation thing. Yeah, it's weird with the order of operations and who knows what and when. :(

Subscribe