The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, August 24, 2009

The One That Got Away

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I got a phone call from a college that I sent a resume. I had pinged the Dean a couple of times, trying to find out if they were still looking for someone. The Dean told me that they did not have any positions teaching undergraduate law. But, he was interested in my Master's program and wanted to see my transcripts. He was thinking I could teach something else, like humanities, literature or history.

I immediately sent my transcripts and waited by the phone. My heart was racing. Finally, the call came.

"I am so sorry, but you just don't have enough graduate credits."

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!

The Dean did say he will keep my information, if someone who teaches the law courses leaves. (I wonder if wishing that someone will quit or get fired will mess up my karma.)

I am trying to look at this as the glass is half full. I finally got someone to talk to me. I had the fish on the hook. I just couldn't reel it in.

So, it's back to the pond to drop my line and wait.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, i'm sorry....

rented life said...

:(

Addy N. said...

Bummer! I'm sure something will turn up!

Brigindo said...

That burns. I'm really sorry. But hopefully the next will be more than a nibble.

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks everyone. It was pretty exciting while it lasted.

k8 said...

That stinks, but at least the Dean did get back to you quickly. That's so much better than what usually seems to happen.

Subscribe