The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, June 01, 2009

Worst. Rejection. Ever.

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Back in January, I applied for a attorney position with a federal government agency. I only did it for 'ha-ha's", not really thinking much about the possibility that I would get it.

Yesterday, I received an email attachment from the contact person. The attachment was a rejection letter. But not your run of the mill FU letter. It was a form with several boxes. There were two boxes checked. One said that I was part of the pool who was qualified and referred for further consideration. The offer box said that I was not selected, but the following people were. Then it listed the names of the individuals who were selected.

Well, now....

Seriously, have we become so lazy that instead of writing the standard patronizing FU letter, people resort to a check the box or fill in the blank form?

And what is the deal revealing the names of the individuals who did get the job? Hello? Privacy?????

I could seriously rant about both of these issues. But, I am in pain today from the RA. And honestly, I am just at a loss.

WTF...WTF indeed!

9 comments:

Brigindo said...

Wow. That's a winner alright. Hard to believe it could get much worse.

Hope you're feeling better.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

That's pretty impressive, for it's lack of tact.

You should actually be happy not to be on that list -- if they can't do a standard rejection notice with minimal decency, then how would they handle all kinds of other stuff?

I can see it now - you did (did not) get a merit rase. To see if you got your raise, see the following list of people who got 15%, Julie, Jim, Sam. The following people got 10% Mark, Alex, Pat, the following people will be terminatedfor failure to maintain adequate data security -- Justin, Sara, Clark...

Seeking Solace said...

ITPF: LMAO!!! Husband also said that since it's the Federal government, the only way they could do it is if there was a form to fill out!

Addy N. said...

Oh. my. god. That is the craziest thing I've ever heard of! It reminds me of the generic check box form I got in the mail last summer about skin cancer!

BrightStar (B*) said...

oh no! that's cruddy. sorry to hear about that.

RageyOne said...

Sorry to hear about the rejection, but it certainly does seem like a privacy violation.

Albatross said...

Leave it to the government! Sorry to hear of the rejection and hoping you are feeling better soon

Anonymous said...

Wow, fantastic evidence as to why the government should be in charge of less, not more. Wow. I think it also was supported by a database merger and those names were not supposed to be released.

Psych Post Doc said...

Wow. Just wow.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Subscribe