The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

RA Check

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I had an appointment with my RA doctor today. I told her about trying to battle the flares over the last couple of weeks and my concerns that it is due to the unpredictable weather and the stress of moving. I told her that yesterday was the first good day I've had in a while, although today I was very tired, stiff and had swollen hands and fingers. She gave me a double dose pack of Methylprednisolone to help me get through the next couple of weeks. I've done the double dose before and it has given me the boost I need.

She also said that she check out Yankee Transplant university research hospital for my continued RA treatment. There are clinical trials going on that my be beneficial not just for me, but for others with RA. After performing a routine exam, she gave me and Husband a big hug and wished us the best of luck. She is a great doctor and I am really going to miss her.

I've had such a wonderful treatment team between my RA Doc and my Primary Doc, whom I will be seeing on Friday for the last time I really hope I can find the same level of excellent care and compassion in Yankee Transplant.

4 comments:

MissDazey said...

It is wonderful you have such a good relation with your doctors. I'm sure they will help make the transition to new doctors easier.

When is moving day?

Seeking Solace said...

July 6th. It's coming up so quickly!!!

Unknown said...

Hi! I just found your blog and I really enjoy reading your posts. I have had RA since 2001 and I know how important a good RA doctor his. I hope that you find a new one that is the right fit for you. :)

Jo-Ann

Anonymous said...

Good news! it's really hard to get a new team of docs when relocating. Sounds like this will be a smooth transition!

Subscribe