The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, June 29, 2009

Never Forget

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Today marks the 21st anniversary of my father's death.

I spoke with my mom today. We reminisced about my dad, all the stories, funny sayings and mannerism that made my dad so special. Then my mom said something that really stuck me.

"When you stop talking about the person you love, when you stop thinking about them, they are gone."

So, I am going to keep talking and remembering my dad. Because to me, he lives on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom is so very right. Hugs to you today....

Anonymous said...

Condolences, good thoughts, and hugs being sent your way!

Addy N. said...

Hugs to you on this sad anniversary. Take care!

comebacknikki said...

I hate these types of anniversaries!
{{{Seeking Solace}}}

Subscribe