The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fragments

Posted by Seeking Solace |

That's all I have been able to come up with in revising my philosphy statement.

I have scraps and snippets of thoughts of what I want to say to coincide with the job that I am applying. But, I just can't seem to put the pieces together.

I think I should stop looking at my old philosphy statement for reference. It is geared toward teaching law. I think I am trying to make the new statement look like or fit the old one. I really like my current philosphy statement, but I am not sure if it is suitable for a position teaching writing.

Maybe I am just forcing this too much. I am striveing for perfection, which is not a good thing. Maybe I am just trying too hard.

3 comments:

rented life said...

When I get stuck writing, it's usually cause I'm trying too hard. Drop it and do something more enjoyable for an hour and come back to it.

Is there anything in the job posting to guide your thoughts/phrasing?

k8 said...

I'd free write it without looking at the old material. After you've done that, look at it next to the other one and see if there are sections (from the older one) that fit in or sentences that work well with the new version. I think you're trying too hard to make the new version fit pieces of another (different) piece of writing, but I also think that parts of the other statement will probably fit with the new one.

Craig Bardo said...

Don't compromise.

Take the advice Polonius gave to Laertes: This above all, to thine own self be true...

Subscribe