The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, October 13, 2008

Movie Meme

Posted by Seeking Solace |

As seen at Nels's place.

The Rules:

Pick 30 of your favorite movies.*
Find a quote from each movie.
Post them here for everyone to guess.
Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it correctly and the name of the movie.
NO CHEATING (googling/using IMDb/Wikiquote) for those of you guessing.

*I only did 20. Feel free to do 30!

1. "Me and the Lord...we have an understanding."
Geeka: The Blues Brothers
2. No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"
Astroprof: Goldfinger
3. "No, he's not retarded."
Dr. Medussa: 16 Candles
4. "I'm tryin' to drive you to the store."
Driving Miss Daisy
5. "Yeah Doc, but don't you think she is sort of a c*nt?"
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
6. "God got Wendy's periods reversed. Every 28 days she starts acting nice. It lasts about a weekend."
Comebacknikki: Purple Rain
7. "The shortest distance between two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction."
Caddyshack
8. "Ohhhh. Tentacles. N-T. Big Difference."
Better Off Dead
10. "You're taking this very personal. Tom, this is business and this man is taking it very, very personal."
The Godfather
11. "I'm a nerd too. I just found that out tonight."
Revenge of the Nerds
12. "It's not what you know, it's what you can prove."
Training Day
13. "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."
Anastasia: Officd Space
14. "Listen to it man. Nigga this, Nigga that. You think white go around callin' each other "honky" all day, man? "Hey, honky, how's business?" "Going great, cracker, we're diversifying!"
Crash
15."Nazis. I hate these guys."
Anastasia: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
16. "See Daddy, sinners have souls too."
Anastasia: The Color Purple
17. "Why does everything I whip leave me?"
The Simpsons Movie
18. "Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns."
Dr. Medussa: The Breakfast Club
19. "Lou. Give me a milk.. Chocolate."
Anastasia: Back to the Future.
20. "There's no way, *no* way that you came from *my* loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!"
Smoley and the Bandit

10 comments:

Dr. Medusa said...

I'll jump in with the John Hughes:

3. Sixteen Candles
18. Breakfast Club

Seeking Solace said...

Yep!

Anonymous said...

15. indiana jones and the last crusade?

13. Office Space

16. The color purple. One of the best scenes ever in any movie of all time I'm crying just thinking about it.

20. Back to the future...?

Seeking Solace said...

13, 15 and 16 are correct. 20 is not Back to the Future.

I love the Color Purple too!!!

comebacknikki said...

#6. Purple Rain!!! :)

Seeking Solace said...

Yep. I was waiting for you on that one! I use that line often!!!

Anonymous said...

I meant 19. sorry. 19 is back to the future.

Anonymous said...

#2: Would that be Goldfinger?

Seeking Solace said...

Anastasia: Yep, that one is Back to the Future.

Astroprof: Yep. One of my all time favorites!!! To me, Sean Conerey will always be Bond.

Anonymous said...

so agree about sean connery

Subscribe