The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Morning Murmurs

Posted by Seeking Solace |

~It was in the upper 70's for the last couple of days. Today, it is supposed to reach 78. The joints are very happy. But, the sinuses are acting up a little. But, I would rather have sinus problems than joint pain.

~Campus is closed today, but it doesn't make much difference to me since I don't teach on Mondays. I do have some things to do, work-wise.

~Husband has been very busy cleaning out the basement. He has cleaned out much of his outdoor equipment and our sporting equipment. I will start working on the office toady. I have some books that I don't need anymore.

~My mom had her right tonsil removed on Thursday. She is in so much pain. I found a cute get well card for her. I might send her some flowers too.

~Tonight, I will be going back to the gym for the first time in about two weeks. I really miss it. (Oh snap, did I just say that?)

~Finally, Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!

5 comments:

rented life said...

you poor mom has all my empathy...though I still don't understand why they didn't take out both. Just get it over with.

Tell her there really is a light at the end of the tunnel, just not for 2 weeks.

Seeking Solace said...

Yeah, I don't know why they only did the right one. She was is a lot of pain over the weekend.

Arbitrista said...

You get Columbus day off? Weird.

Seeking Solace said...

Yeah, I think we are one of the few places that does. Combine that with Canadian Thanksgiving and it's just one wild long weekend around here.

Anonymous said...

Actually a lot of area schools had off as a "fall break" but they got Friday off too. We just do Monday.

Subscribe