The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Aches and Pains

Posted by Seeking Solace |

My joints ache today. I took the day off because walking was rather difficult. I tried responding to a couple of blog posts to see if my hands will start to cooperate. I definitely think it is weather related at it was in the 30's this morning. Snow is on the way. Eep!

Tomorrow, I have scheduled appointment with my RA doctor. I am concerned that I don't feel any different using the methotrexate. I thought I would have less flare ups. Maybe it's too soon to tell, since I have only been taking the drug since the first week of September.

I was thinking about whether I should relocate ahead of schedule in order to avoid the harsh winter in Lake Effect Snow Central. But, that would mean leaving Husband behind to handle everything (The Boy would come with me). I don't want to leave Husband stuck doing everything that needs to be done to get the house ready, although he has done quite an awesome job already cleaning out stuff; our bases has never been cleaner or more organized!

More importantly, I do not want to split my little family. Sure, Husband and I have spent time apart, weeks at a time. But, I would miss him terribly. And it would be tough being in a new place when you don't have them means to get around. Because of my eyesight, I don't drive.

Maybe it sounds a little wussy, given that many of you have done it or are in the process of handling a new place alone, but I just thought that when Husband, the Boy and I moved, we would be doing it together at the same time.

13 comments:

Karen said...

I don't blame you one bit for wanting to keep your unit together. Think of the Boy!

Snow before Halloween??!! Insane I tell you!

Psych Post Doc said...

I don't blame you at all for not wanting to split the family up.

Any chance all of you could relocate before then? Any way to speed up the process for everyone?

Seeking Solace said...

I am not too sure. There is a lot that needs to be donw to get the house ready to be put on the market.

Also, I am not sure if Husband can telecoomute with his job.

I think the Boy would be sad. He would miss his daddy and all his doggie buddies. Oh, and all his doggie girlfriends!

Prisca said...

What a dilemma. I KNOW you don't want to spend one more winter in LEC but man, leaving spouse and Boy, too? I'm thinking about you today and hoping you don't get any snow tonight. It's right on schedule, but yuck! Snuggle up with your boys and feel better.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better- I was hopeful about your new meds, too- that's a bummer. Take care!

JMKH said...

How long does it take for RA meds to kick in?

I wish I could send you some warm sunshine, but we've had a cold snap here in Maryland.

However you decide to move, it sounds like you've made the right decision.

RageyOne said...

:( I'm sorry you are feeling so bad, and the weather isn't cooperating.

That is a tough dilemma, and I totally understand why you wouldn't want to leave without your family.

Anonymous said...

I actually saw a commercial for an RA drug last night that is supposed to work when the one you're on doesn't. and I thought of you.

No snow yet...

I did what you mentioned for about a month, to move here. Well husband came up here and I stayed back. Supposedly we needed to have proof of pay stubs up here before we could close on the house. It was rough. Then after I moved up here we still couldn't live together (couldn't close yet). I hated it and would never do it again. recipe for depression

Arbitrista said...

Yeah, I couldn't live in a different place from BH either.

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks everyone!

The thought of being away from Husband is just as painful, if not more painful, than the RA pain. I would get really depressed. So would he..and the Boy.

BrightStar (B*) said...

Thank you for your support and comments on my blog. Hearing from you means a lot to me.

I am so sorry to hear that you're in pain. I know that the cold is no help to you. I hope that you can move to a warmer climate soon, but I see strong advantages to keeping your family together. It sounds like a difficult set of choices. I think it would make sense to keep the family together in the short term, if you know you are moving to a warmer place in the long term! It's so not wussy to stay together. I say, if you can be together, you should be!

Unknown said...

seeking solace, I wandered over here from Arthritis Mom's blog, only to discover familiar academic and other bloggers in your sidebar. I'm on methotrexate, too. Is RA a recent diagnosis for you?

Seeking Solace said...

Hi Songbird!

No, I have had RA since 2000. From 2004 until recently, I was in remisson, only taking placquenol and a NSAD.

Subscribe